View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 pm

Issue opening openrpg... 

Post Issue opening openrpg...
When I openrpg whether i skip update or not...it tries to load the program but stalls showing just this in the command prompt.

Only thing that loads is a die bar. I added a couple fo plugins so I think that is what might be causing it. I've reinstalled openrpg, wxpython and python and still get the same result. Any ideas or similar issues that have been fixed?

Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:48 am

Post Re: Issue opening openrpg...
You will have to ask David he works with that version. I work on the Traipse fork.

I still don't understand how come people immediately resort to reinstalling.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:10 am
Profile YIM WWW

I'm just tacking a wild shot at this but if all your getting is a die bar then it might be your layout.xml has got messed up somehow, possibly by the plugins you added.

Try deleting your layout.xml file than restarting.

Go to your OpenRPG folder and look in the myfiles folder and delete the layout.xml.

Then restart openrpg and it will generate a new layout.xml

This may fix the problem. No guaranties though.

If you want to save your original layout file in case thats not the problem, then rather than delete it move it out of the openrpg and rename it something else. Once you've tried restarting you should know if that was the problem. If it wasn't the problem then you can always replace it back in the myfiles folder and rename it back to it's original name ( of course you would delete the layout file that was generated ) this would give you back your original layout if you had it set up any special way.

Edit: after rereading your post this probably wont fix it becuase you would have gotten a new layout file when you reinstalled. It's morning and my brain's not working yet.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:16 pm

TY paul, that worked like a charm.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Just what I was going to suggest -- layout.xml
Thanks Paul.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:53 pm