View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

OpenRPG 1.8.1 released as Debug 

Post OpenRPG 1.8.1 released as Debug
In fact it has been released as Debug for a little while now and I've been using it to check for bugs and so on.

You can download the files for 1.8.1 through the 1.8+ system's updater by selecting "dev" from the first drop list (which has a choice of "release", "beta" and "dev" and then selecting "1.8.1.0" from the second drop list (which also has a choice of 1.8.0.20). The 4th number here doesn't necessarily indicate better btw as the dev version was higher than the last release for 1.8.0 as it happened.

I need to change the release notes commentary that this version provides for the updater (it's giving the same as 1.8.0 displayed at the moment). So just ignore the message about "Release Notes for 1.8.1 (No Longer Supported)" although that comment is true for 1.8.x as a whole and now that this is the first time we've had two versions for the 1.8.x stuff it's the first time you've really been able to go back and forth between two versions (although you could always go back and forth between the 1.8.0 release and its last beta or dev version).

If the updater isn't popping up for you at start you can call it up from the chat window with the slash command "/update".

List of new features and stuff:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=311

I need to get my 3.5 D&D character sheet out as a demonstration of some of these features. The ability to get the Druid wildshape ability working nicely is pretty impressive really (he says to himself).

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:12 pm