View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:11 am

Something bugged in the XML map system 

Post Re: Something bugged in the XML map system
Seems like that's playing a role right now. The texture doesn't load until I upload it a second time. I may do those from Photobucket too, assuming it's just a problem with how it fetches it from the hard drive.
Anyway, there was no exclamation point, but I clicked the Debug anyway. The only error message was this:
Quote:
.. Image refused to load or URI did not reference a valid image: http://openrpg.digitalxero.net/imguploa ... /Rocky.jpg

Which is for the texture file. Nothing about anything else.

...so when do you want to Skype? I guess PM me your contact details and we can set up a time maybe this weekend.
I already redrew one of the maps, but left the other one alone. And yes, when I redrew it, the second set of lines shows up just fine. Also, looks like the first set disappeared from the XML file for some reason (I can tell because I don't see two sets of text in the whiteboard section, as there should be). So I don't know what the deal is.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:29 am

Post Re: Something bugged in the XML map system
It's not a problem with how they are fetched from the hard drive, it is how they are stored on the image server. DJ's server needs to purge images so references turn up invalid after a time.

In Pious Paladin I am liberating people from depending on anyone else. CherryPy will be super easy to setup, plus there are images ready to go with the software. Gratefully I am only one step away from what I would call a playable 'Alpha'. I simply want the GMs in the room to have the power to assign roles, privileges, room kick, room ban ... and for clients to toggle ignore. However, that is maybe a day or two away.

Skype me: profebral. Not tonight please. If you want to pass me your contact details that's fine. But I do need to get some sleep in the next hour or two.

I honestly have no idea what is causing the problem. It works great on my desktop. It will be interesting to see if we can reproduce the error.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:52 am
Profile YIM WWW