View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm

OpenRPG and Traipse Windows 7 Issue 

Post OpenRPG and Traipse Windows 7 Issue
I had my scheduled weekly game tonight and during the game this error message kept popping up.

"Can't load image from file 'c:\users\owner\appdata\local\temp\tmpwggudw.php': file does not exist."

This error message kept popping up (sometimes multiple times in a row right after I just closed it) every time a player moved their mini or altered the mini (such as set facing).

Here is the strange part, in the same game as this I had my Windows XP machine logged in and it did not receive any of the error messages. Originally this was with Traipse on Windows 7 and OpenRPG on Windows XP but both programs caused errors in Windows 7 and neither of them caused this error in Windows XP.

The only way to clear that error from executing was to scroll the mini map so the minis were off the screen and they would "reset" to where they were supposed to be (the XP machine showed the minis being moved properly but the Windows 7 did not.) Clearing image cache did not solve this issue.

It was the Windows 7 system that uploaded the minis but I had to upload the background map via the xp machine due to another bug in Traipse (I think, but mini bug happened with no background image and just minis so I'm sure that is unrelated to this issue) (hence how I discovered this bug not affecting the XP machine)

Any ideas what is going on here and how to fix it? Any help or information would be appreciated. Thank you.

My Pathfinder [3.7] Home Brewed Campaign Forum

My Pathfinder [3.7] Home Brewed Campaign Mayhem Gaming Forum

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:53 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: OpenRPG and Traipse Windows 7 Issue
At first I thought it was the image cache .. but now I am not sure. How did you upload the miniatures?

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:13 am
Profile YIM WWW

Through the miniature tab under the map. Clicked "Browse" selected a mini from my Traipse mini folder. Only one miniature was not mine (a player used a external link for it) and that one also caused the same error for Windows 7. Again none of these issues were present on the XP machine. And the error did not occur when I moved a miniature, only when players moved them or modified them. Sadly none of my players have Windows 7 and they did not report having any issues.

The only other that was changed in my settings was the image server was set to remote for map uploads.

Thank you

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:20 am
Profile WWW

Loading the background through the remote server and it not being sent to others is a known issue that is corrected in Beta.

As for you problem with the miniatures I am fairly certain it has something to do with the image cache. I am guessing this is a one time issue right now so if the problem persists please report back. Try and get information about the image being loaded and where it is coming from.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:32 am
Profile YIM WWW

Okay I can get the error to replicate it self now offline. I loaded to miniatures onto the mini map and locked them and saved them. I reset the mini map to default and then attempt to load the map.xml file and the error message occurs. Now I have not loaded miniatures in the node tree, could that be causing the issue? When I created the map files I did not move the tile locations.

This error also does not seem to occur when using textures (specifically the ones included with Traipse and OpenRPG) or if the white board is used to write text or draw objects and those objects are moved.

This error still does not occur on the XP machine doing the above on it.

Thank You.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:25 am
Profile WWW

No, it's not because you have not loaded the miniatures to the tree.

I honestly have no idea. It sounds like a permissions error of some kind. Maybe Windows 7 is looking for the temp data instead of re-uploading the images. What does the image link look like?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:43 am
Profile YIM WWW

It came up before didn't it? DJ had the suggestion that it was caused by improper cleanup of the image stuff that gave windows the impression that the temporary file created for the image ought to still be in existence when it had been cleared. I don't recall we had any fix for it beyond a code change although it may have had the same problem on a different line.....

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:38 am