View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:08 pm

Help? 

Post Help?
I have been using OpenRPG for a while and it's worked just fine. I recently had trouble where two maps loaded and I couldn't clear the screen, so I exited the program and tried to reopen it. After that, when I try to look at the "Browse Servers" nothing shows up. The drop menue from Game Servers shows up, but when I click the Browse, nothing happens. I've tried re-installing it a few times. Any idea what's wrong? I'm on Windows 7, if that helps.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:26 am

Post Re: Help?
When you try to open the Browse Servers dialog does it flash up on the screen and then disappear immediately or does it open up OK and stay there but there's nothing on it? And if so do you mean nothing at all (no controls, buttons etc) or just no servers listed? or do you literally mean that when you click "Browse Servers" on the menu nothing happens at all?

Do you get an error when this happens? Does your crash-report.txt contain anything?

Also I guess you are on version 1.8.0 but if that's not the case can you say which version and/or if it is Traipse.

I am surprised that re-installing OpenRPG doesn't fix the problem. Try installing OpenRPG to a differently named directory. If you do have a recent version of OpenRPG (1.8+ or any Traipse) it's safe to have several installations in different directories (I have about six or seven) and it may fix some corruption error that is somehow being preserved over the uninstall/re-install cycle. The only issue is some confusion over which install is the one referred to in the Start menu and the desktop shortcut but I believe that is the last one installed and you can always just start OpenRPG by double-clicking on start_client.py in the home directory.

If you don't have a modern version try installing one of them from here:

http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=orpg&m=getorpg

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:01 pm