View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

Open RPG code window 

Post Open RPG code window
I have talked one friend who has this "problem", but it is not so much as a problem as it is an annoyance really. Anyway when I load open RPG after it goes through the updates and the actually program opens the code window remains open and you cannot close because that shuts down the whole program. I there anyway to get rid of this code window, mostly because it takes up needless space on Start up bar below. If not, oh well, I suppose I will just have to deal with it.

Wed May 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Post Re: Open RPG code window
you can edit the file name and change .py to .pyw

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Wed May 19, 2010 3:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Agreed. Just change the name of eg start_client.py to start_client.pyw and start OpenRPG by double clicking on that file.
The older versions had two copies of essentially the same file one of them not bringing up the ODS-like box.

Wed May 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Run OpenRPG

Now, in Terminal, go to the directory openrpg1 is in (at the prompt just type cd Applications/openrpg1) and type /usr/local/bin/pythonw start.py. The program should run!

If it does not, double check to see if you did everything above correctly. If you have, you can e-mail me, and maybe I can help you. But, you might be better off searching through the OpenRPG help forum for the answer to your problem.
Create Automator Application

To make life easier, you can make a nice Automator application that allows you access to OpenRPG with a nice double-click, instead of accessing Terminal, and typing in code.

Open Automator. Select Automator from the left window. Double click on "Run Shell Script."
Set "Pass input" to "as arguments" in the top right pull down menu. A bunch of code will be inserted.
The the following code, so the text of the workflow looks like this:

for f in "$@"
do
echo "$f"
done

cd /
cd Applications/openrpg1
/usr/local/bin/pythonw start.py

Save the file as an Application, and place it wherever you want. When you want to launch OpenRPG, simply double-click on the Automator Application

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:09 am

piash006 wrote:
Run OpenRPG

Now, in Terminal, go to the directory openrpg1 is in (at the prompt just type cd Applications/openrpg1) and type /usr/local/bin/pythonw start.py. The program should run!

If it does not, double check to see if you did everything above correctly. If you have, you can e-mail me, and maybe I can help you. But, you might be better off searching through the OpenRPG help forum for the answer to your problem.
Create Automator Application

To make life easier, you can make a nice Automator application that allows you access to OpenRPG with a nice double-click, instead of accessing Terminal, and typing in code.

Open Automator. Select Automator from the left window. Double click on "Run Shell Script."
Set "Pass input" to "as arguments" in the top right pull down menu. A bunch of code will be inserted.
The the following code, so the text of the workflow looks like this:

for f in "$@"
do
echo "$f"
done

cd /
cd Applications/openrpg1
/usr/local/bin/pythonw start.py

Save the file as an Application, and place it wherever you want. When you want to launch OpenRPG, simply double-click on the Automator Application

Calling python from /usr/local/bin is only on Unix, Unix-like systems (Mac and Linux). Changing the files extension fixes the problem without all of this unnecessary behavior, which is predominate in Windows. Windows likes to open the Python interpreter in a DOS Shell, while Unix systems don't need that.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:12 am
Profile YIM WWW