View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

Traipse (Ornery Orc) loading issue 

Post Traipse (Ornery Orc) loading issue
Ok, so I got on my computer today to load Traipse up like I did two weeks ago - and nothing happened. python and wxpython were both in the task manager, but nothing was happening (and yes, I waited 5+ minutes).

So, I fixed the python install and then reinstalled wxpython, same thing happened.

Then, I uninstalled both, restarted the computer, closed out a few other programs that I knew I didn't need (weather and clock apps basically). Restarted the computer again, just to make sure.

Installed python 2.6.5 - no issues, it installed fine. Restarted the computer, then installed wxpython 2.8 and ran its processes at the end of install. Again, no issues - all looked good.

I restarted the computer again, and unzipped Traipse into a new folder (having renamed the previous one so that it would be a clean install). I ran setup.py, and the OpenRPG Setup Wizard pops up, says

"Installing OpenRPG user files to System
Fetching OpenRPG runtime Files: (this could take a moment)"

My Firewall pops, saying that OpenRPG is trying to access the internet, I click "Allow".

And that's where the installation freezes.

Sun May 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Post Re: Traipse (Ornery Orc) loading issue
Contact me via Skype: profebral. I think I know what the problem.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Sun May 20, 2012 11:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Traipse (Ornery Orc) loading issue
Thanks for trying to help with my crazy issue.

So, I uninstalled python, wxpython, and even deleted the Traipse folder (after making a backup of myfiles folder elsewhere).

Fresh download of all installation files and reinstalled python, wxpython, and Traipse on the C drive (not in Program Files) this time.

Things went the same way - everything went as it should until I ran setup.py - and that froze the process while trying to fetch the runtime files.

Really not sure what else to try - open for any and all suggestions. :)

Mon May 21, 2012 3:01 am