View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

OpenRPG won't stop updating!? 

Post OpenRPG won't stop updating!?
:x I just downloaded OpenRPG (standard), the newest version available from the main page (though it only says 1.8+, so I'm unsure the exact version). The problem I'm having is that I loaded it for the first time and let it do its little update thing and then ran it and worked marvelously. I closed it to do something else, came back and opened it up... and it went through and did the practically 10 minute (possible exaggeration) update AGAIN. Both auto updates are unchecked, and if I chose to skip updates I get "Skipping updates prevents you fron getting new bug fixes" (typo included). So I uninstalled it, and re-downloaded and installed the whole thing. It still goes through the time consuming job of checking every single update ever it seems. Any way that I can stop this?

I am using Windows 7, 32-bit. A friend is also having the same problem, she is on win 7 64 bit.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:51 am

Post Re: OpenRPG won't stop updating!?
I haven't heard of that before and I think I'll check a fresh install again....

But try starting openrpg through start_noupdate.py and that will certainly prevent updates that take a long time (and they certainly shouldn't be taking so long).

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Post Re: OpenRPG won't stop updating!?
Okay, well. I uninstalled again, re-installed. New problem: I started getting the command prompt to flash and then disappear and nothing happens. However, I recalled reading (since I scoured these forums for my problem initially) about someone having that issue. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=307 (Just for note) I went through all the steps, kind of struggled a bit finding the different folders, but now it works great! No errors or randomly updating forever! So, thanks for the response anyway!! :mrgreen:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:39 am