View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:35 am

Trouble Downloading 

Post Trouble Downloading
Alright. So, I have a Macbook Pro with OSX. I've tried to download OpenRPG twice, and thus far, no dice. Both times I deleted all the files I'd downloaded before trying again.

1. I downloaded Python 2.6 successfully. I checked for the Framework and it was where it should be.

2. I downloaded wxPython 2.8. Here's my first problem- though I ran the pkg, and though it said that I had successfully installed wxPython, I couldn't find any of the associated files in my Application or System folder.

3. Most likely as a consequence of number two, upon downloading OpenRPG and running start_client.py, I saw this in IDLE (Python Shell).

Quote:
#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys
import os, os.path
import runpy

runpy.run_module('updater.gui', run_name='__main__', alter_sys=True)

import pyver
pyver.checkPyVersion()

from orpg.orpg_wx import *
import orpg.main
from orpg.tools.orpg_log import logger

if __name__ == "__main__":
os.chdir(os.path.abspath(os.path.dirname(sys.argv[0])))
if WXLOADED:
mainapp = orpg.main.orpgApp(0)
mainapp.MainLoop()
else:
logger.exception("You really really need wx!")

I profess no particular skill with computers, but I generally know how to follow directions. In this instance, I would suppose, I have failed somewhere.

Anyone think they could help me out?

Sun May 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Post Re: Trouble Downloading
wx.Python is an addition of libraries for Python. It is not going to have it's on set of icons. I would suggest trying to reinstall wx.Python

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Sun May 30, 2010 9:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Alright.

So I was recommended to take a gander at another thread - this one viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27 - and follow the steps therein.

That's improved the situation somewhat- I am no longer opening with IDLE, and, in fact, can get some of the OpenRPG functions to pop up. But where I can access the drop down menu and select 'Browse Servers' for instance, nothing happens. I'm opening it with Python Launcher. I had assumed that 'Python Launcher' was the same as 'Python' but, again, my lack of knowledge in this particular venue is more than a little on display.

So. I ran the OpenRPG updater when it came up. The OpenRPG logo showed up on my screen, followed fairly quickly by my Python Terminal. It read the following.

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/Colin/Desktop/OpenRPG1-2/orpg/tools/decorators.py", line 106, in new_func
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/Users/Colin/Desktop/OpenRPG1-2/orpg/main.py", line 1307, in AfterSplash
self.frame = orpgFrame(None, wx.ID_ANY, CLIENT_STRING)
File "/Users/Colin/Desktop/OpenRPG1-2/orpg/tools/decorators.py", line 106, in new_func
File "/Users/Colin/Desktop/OpenRPG1-2/orpg/main.py", line 121, in __init__
self.build_gui()
File "/Users/Colin/Desktop/OpenRPG1-2/orpg/main.py", line 731, in build_gui
self.build_window(c, self)
File "/Users/Colin/Desktop/OpenRPG1-2/orpg/main.py", line 867, in build_window
wx.DefaultSize)
File "/Users/Colin/Desktop/OpenRPG1-2/orpg/chat/chatwnd.py", line 332, in __init__
orpgTabberWnd.__init__(self, parent, True, size=size, style=FNB.FNB_DROPDOWN_TABS_LIST|FNB.FNB_NO_NAV_BUTTONS|FNB.FNB_MOUSE_MIDDLE_CLOSES_TABS)
File "/Users/Colin/Desktop/OpenRPG1-2/orpg/orpg_windows.py", line 95, in __init__
'slanted&colorful': FNB.FNB_VC8|FNB.FNB_COLORFUL_TABS,
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'FNB_COLORFUL_TABS'

Crash Report Created!!

I have no idea what that means, but I do know that OpenRPG is nonfuctional when that comes up. As I mentioned, the drop-down menus don't work, and occasionally create their own Crash Reports.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:53 pm

David has recommended an install when seeing this error. I am inclined to believe that a recent update for Windows has broken something, since one of my users only updated his PC and then saw the error.

I noticed you are running Mac OSX though. I would have to recommend another attempt at re installing wx.Python

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Sun May 30, 2010 10:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW