View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

Server modifications 

Post Server modifications
A while back I played on a server that had a few interesting features, I now find myself running a server and seeking similar server-side abilities, but have no idea to achieve them. People who ever played on any of the 'Persistent Worlds' should be familiar with these.

*Server-side dice (to prevent dice cheats)
*Server controlled editable roster
*Server tracked time (ie a player types get_days and the server tells them its been X days, hours, minutes since start of game).

I know its possible to do all this, I just don't know how. I'm currently using the old OpenRPG server gui (not Traipse unfortunately) because other people I know haven't taken the plunge and there are backwards compatibility issues.

If anyone knows how to implement the above you would be my hero.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:46 am

Post Re: Server modifications
That's the community server version 1.7.2. You might be able to obtain a copy of the source code if you go to a server that is running it. I know of no link.

On the other hand, you might want to wait until the next Traipse milestone is released. The next Traipse server has a programmable bot. I will also be adding server side dice rolling.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Wed May 25, 2011 2:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW