View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

Please check bug fix on Mac and Linux 

Post Please check bug fix on Mac and Linux
http://trac-hg.assembla.com/openrpg_dev ... abd84a579e

Just checked in code to fix the Text View's find feature that allows you to search through the text of the chat window. It should highlight (select) the found text and then continue searching from that point when find is hit again.

To test:
Paste a long piece of text in to chat twice and then bring up the text view dialog (it's the button to the right of the dice stuff). Search for some unique text and make sure it finds it, scrolls nicely to display it selected at the bottom line of the dialog, and then find again twice to make sure it scrolls to the 2nd instance and then round back to the first.

I don't know if this was working on Linux / Mac but it was not on Windows. In fact I am not sure it ever had on Windows. The code is quite os specific oddly enough. I'd be interested in knowing if it needed fixing on the other OS-es but mostly I want to know if the OpenRPG dev code (the version number is now 1.8.1) has it working now.

So I know Prof.ebral has it on Linux and Paul has it on Mac, if you guys can check the "fix" there. if it was already working for your OS-es then check I didn't mess it up for you. Thanks.

Fri May 07, 2010 3:12 am

Post Re: Please check bug fix on Mac and Linux
Thanks David. I will check it later. I am taking a break from coding for awhile.

Say ... are you sure you don't want to look at my Namespace again? I have a feeling you jumped the gun this time.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Fri May 07, 2010 3:49 am
Profile YIM WWW

No, I should definitely check it out. Currently I am done with Chat documentation for now and investigating / fixing it. I am on to the Map. I find documentation hard work.

Fri May 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Seems I can't paste into chat.

I need to be able to "control click" to get the paste option and I get nothing.

I hardly ever use chat except for die rolling so I have no idea how long it's been this way. I could have sworn that I used to be able to do it. Hmmm.

I checked on both the dev and 1.8.0 same results on both.

Fri May 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Paste to chat (ie Ctrl-V) works with Windows. You say that the Command-click/Paste option also fails on the Mac? Both fail?
I wonder what Linux is doing there. Lack of paste ability would be a completely different bug I think.

That would make it inconvenient to test the rest of it but do-able. You can alter the contents of the Text View dialog once it is up. Or should be able to.... Just paste the big piece of text into there twice.

Fri May 07, 2010 7:30 pm

I'd forgotten the paste short cut, I'm so used to just bring up the menu. ( just for reference it's command-v on mac )

Anyway tested and it worked before updating but instead of showing up on the bottom line it showed up in the middle of the dialogue block.

Tested updated version and it works fine. Target phrase showed up highlighted and then moved to the next instance of use then back to the first.

So it looks good to me.

One more successful fix, good job.

Sat May 08, 2010 2:57 am

Thanks. So the Text View works but you mentioned a new bug which is that you had issues with pasting text into the regular chat window's text control.

So -- does the command-v thing work?
And the control-click thing ought to bring up a context menu with Paste as one of the options but you get no context menu?

That seems like a worse bug than the text View thing. Do you have any issues with context menu's elsewhere in OpenRPG? eg on the map, on minis on the map, on the gametree, on gametree nodes?

Sat May 08, 2010 5:03 am

davidbyron wrote:
So -- does the command-v thing work?

Yes

davidbyron wrote:
And the control-click thing ought to bring up a context menu with Paste as one of the options but you get no context menu?

Correct, I could swear that this used to work.

davidbyron wrote:
Do you have any issues with context menu's elsewhere in OpenRPG?

No, everything else seems to work fine.

Sat May 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Odd. I wonder if it is because the control was switched to an ExpandoTextCtrl instead of a TextCtrlas almost all the other text boxes are in the program. I think the context menu is a default thing.

Oddly the context menu for other text boxes (eg the map's text box to type in the url for a miniature) has a weird context menu with stuff about unicode on it:

Undo
-----------------
Cut
Copy
Past
Delete
-----------------
Select All
-----------------
Right to left Reading order
Show Unicode control characters
Insert Unicode control character (a submenu opens up)
-----------------
Open IME
Reconversion

Do you see all that on the Mac? Is it possible the default context menus are OS specific?

Sat May 08, 2010 5:18 pm

davidbyron wrote:
Oddly the context menu for other text boxes (eg the map's text box to type in the url for a miniature) has a weird context menu with stuff about unicode on it:

I didn't think to check those ( need more sleep ).

I do not get a context menu for either the text box for miniature or background.

Sat May 08, 2010 9:50 pm