View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:41 am

Skill/ability roll problem 

Post Skill/ability roll problem
I've got a bit of a problem with rolling skill and ability checks. When I highlight the specific skill/ability and hit "Send", nothing happens. The proper values were filled in beforehand, so I'm kind of stuck as to why this isn't working. I grabbed the following out of the debug console, maybe this means something to you.

Sorry if my info here isn't complete enough, I'm very new to OpenRPG and Trapise. Let me know if I should include anything else.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Traipse\System\orpg\gametree\nodehandlers\forms.py", line 602, in on_send_to_chat
Parse.Post(self.tohtml(), True, True)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\InterParse.py", line 12, in Post
s = self.Normalize(s)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\InterParse.py", line 25, in Normalize
s = self.Node(s)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\InterParse.py", line 42, in Node
newstr = self.Node(self.resolve_nodes(matches[i][1]))
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\InterParse.py", line 170, in resolve_nodes
else: string = self.resolve_loop(node, path, 1, depth)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Traipse\System\orpg\tools\InterParse.py", line 190, in resolve_loop
return string
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'string' referenced before assignment

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:56 am

Post Re: Skill/ability roll problem
I'll have to get my Traipse working to take a peek... but I am sure the content of the node being sent to chat would be useful to know for prof.ebral if he gets here before I'm done. It sounds like unexpected data is causing an assignment to fail, so likely you have an unanticipated string format for that node.

Are you using a character sheet that you got from prof.ebral or one you made up yourself btw?
Was this node working before or is it a new one?

It looks like an unanticipated condition but I'd need the contents of the node and an idea of where the node it is trying to reference is. If you loaded the character sheet from somewhere you can just point me at where and I'll try to reproduce the error on my box.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:17 am

Post Re: Skill/ability roll problem
it's probably something in your node. Do you feel comfortable uploading a copy here? Is it all skills?

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW