View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:04 pm

Intalling on Mac,Update; trying Traipse version 

Post Re: Intalling on Mac,Update; trying Traipse version
It looks like you've associated double-clicking on a .py file with the "Edit with IDLE" command, rather than the command needed to run the script through Python. The same issue happened in your other thread - it'd be very helpful to put this all in the same thread, by the way. (The only real difference between a .py and a .pyw file is that the .pyw doesn't show a terminal window.) There should be a way to reconfigure the default action for double-clicking on it, but I don't remember offhand what it is in OSX (I use Windows as my main OS, sadly).

I know you can set up a terminal alias to do this, but I forget precisely how. In the meantime, open your Terminal, point it to /Applications/Traipse/, and type "python25 setup.py" (without the quotes). That should run it. (I'm assuming you're using Python 2.5.)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Post Re: Intalling on Mac,Update; trying Traipse version
davidpatricksummers wrote:
I installed python 2.7.1. So I would type "python27 setup.py" ???

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=496

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.5/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxpytho ... /2.8.10.1/

Quote:
On the non-Traipse version, (OpenRPG1.8.0) there stills needs to be a file called OpenRPG.pyw (or OpenRPG.py) in order to run it (whether I double click as instructed or I enter it in a termal windo)? I just don't see any filed called that. But if I can get the traipse version going, I guess I don't need the other one?

You were able to open it with IDLE, right? You can use Save As to create the .pyw file if you're desperate, but there's really no difference between them worth noting - if you can't run the .py, you won't be able to run the .pyw file either.

Use the terminal; You just need to run the setup.py script using the python command. Before you do, uninstall everything and use the correct version of Python first. That should solve it; if it doesn't there's some weird setting that I can't help you with (I don't use OSX).

Sorry I can't be more help.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:08 am