View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:15 pm

Token/Card Support 

Post Re: Token/Card Support
Well I've never seen VASAAL before. That's a great little piece of software. I actually prefer that direction for the map for OpenRPG than the MapTool direction. So you built yourself a deck of cards and the display of them is based off VASAAL's miniatures display decorations. I've started to think in that direction more recently for OpenRPG but so far there's only plugins for adding context menus and notes and user defined captions, and in general user definable context menus and stuff can be added with plugins pretty easily at this point if you can code at all. People have asked for rotating the miniatures for ages and the other little decorations VASAAL has are great too.

But so much for the display of the cards -- how did you do, or did you do anything with the actual shuffling and recording of what cards are where with it?

People have been asking for cards for a while and we really could do with them but I've held off on map improvements for a long time as someone else was going to be re-vamping the map. But I don't think that got anywhere so ... ah well.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Post Re: Token/Card Support
I plan to dress up the cards later, but for now I'm just sticking with simple block colors and letters. VASSAL has text overlays, which I abused greatly. It's some emulation of the Saga/Fate card system, using rules shown here http://stormbreaker.net/lazarus/satansa ... /index.htm as well as based upon the example cards they included on the bottom of the page.

Here is what I've done so far, the Deck Master can view all hands, the deck itself auto-shuffles, but right now anyone can return the discard deck to the main hand (I'll figure out how to fix that later). You can 'edit' the module and see what I did, it's a mess though since I've only started to mess with it: http://www.4shared.com/file/pCYXvj-q/Fate_v02.html

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:22 am