View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:35 pm

Can't get it to load. 

Post Can't get it to load.
I just downloaded the newest version of this and when I click on the shortcut for it it just brings up a command prompt, a few words appear real quick, and then it shuts down.

I'm running Vista, if that makes any difference.

EDIT: It appears i'm missing a module? I keep getting this as the command prompt.

Still have no idea what i'm looking for.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:51 am

Post Re: Can't get it to load.
Standard uses an external version of Element Tree. For some reason it is not being found on your system.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:39 am
Profile YIM WWW

Yes you have some files missing.

Specifically files that ought to be in orpg/external/etree. I have no idea why that should be the case but I'd suggest install again. Maybe the installer had a brain fart or a hiccup or something the first time. If it happens again the same way please get back to us.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:50 pm

im having problems getting my images from my Tree nodes to load. I get the green "fetching" avatar instead of what was there before. This was after spending a week implimenting new nodes and saving them as different tree sets. Then all of a sudden my tree's will not load and i get this error message on load up

Rooting OpenRPG at: C:/Program Files/OpenRPG/updater
Rooting OpenRPG at: C:/Program Files/OpenRPG
Logger Started
Reading Gametree file: C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Desktop\Nodes\Spide
r Tree.xml...
done.
Parsing Gametree Nodes
.Image refused to load or URI did not reference a valid image: http://openrpg.di
gitalxero.net/imgupload/index.php?load=true&imgId=414&imgName=/blackwidow4.jpg
.Image refused to load or URI did not reference a valid image: http://openrpg.d
igitalxero.net/imgupload/index.php?load=true&imgId=418&imgName=/TinyOrangeVietna
meseSpider.jpg
igitalxero.net/imgupload/index.php?load=true&imgId=419&imgName=/mouse-spider.jpg

igitalxero.net/imgupload/index.php?load=true&imgId=421&imgName=/tarantula+red.jp
g
done
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\OpenRPG\orpg\mapper\map.py", line 734, in takexml
self.layers[name].layerTakeDOM(c)
File "C:\Program Files\OpenRPG\orpg\mapper\miniatures.py", line 650, in layerT
akeDOM
(imgtype,j) = mimetypes.guess_type(filename[1])
NameError: global name 'mimetypes' is not defined

Image refused to load or URI did not reference a valid image: http://openrpg.dig
italxero.net/imgupload/index.php?load=true&imgId=414&imgName=/blackwidow4.jpg

i didnt change a thing, just worked all week long, then when i was about to start my online session with my group..poof it was gone. I even used these nodes to test run with 3 of my players at 3 different times each, and it worked fine. Any info on this would be prime and appreciated. Thank you

Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:53 pm

Looks like the images to those links are down. I couldn't get any to load.

Are these off your desktop, loaded using the browse button?

If they are, they are only good for a short time before they get cleared out of the image server so that may be your problem.

If your going to use them for longer than just the one playing session you should really host them online or get cherry pie set up.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:07 am

and that pretty much sums it up lady's and gentlemen. thanx paul, thats what i didnt know :).

So my next question is, how do i "host" them or use this cherry pie you spoke of? I would like to save the nodes on my harddrive so that i dont have to load and resize everything everytime i want to use them (mainly because i have roughly 100 nodes i set up on like 8-10 different trees). Is there a way to do this? if there is something i missed (which im sure there must be) how can i save the nodes and reuse them whenever i want? I guess i assumed by saving the nodes to your hard drive, the information was saved and could be loaded anytime from there, and i guess i was wrong about that lol. I will keep looking for further information on this in forums as well, buf if anyone has any insight, even as much as a link to the information i'm requesting, that would be prime.

Thanx again paul, that info is very helpful, i spent roughly 3 or 4 days, and about 20 hours worth of "work" to set that up lol, only tofind out that it gets erased after a short amount of time. oh well, live and learn.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:13 pm

I've never used cherry pie so I can't help you there ( basically it involves setting up an image server on your pc )

The other method is to host the images on a image host service like photobucket or image shack both are free to set up basic accounts which is all that you would need.
http://photobucket.com/
http://imageshack.us/

Once you have an image hosted there you will need to get the "direct link" that will be supplied for that image.
Next in openrpg with the miniature tab clicked on paste the direct image link into the box next to where it says Auto Label.
Click apply.
Your image should load, you can then re-scale it or whatever then save to gametree and drag it into you mini library.

Once you have done this your images should be stable and good for as long as their hosted there.

( you might know the rest of this but I'll go ahead and go over it for those that may not know )

A variation on this is how to apply background images or maps for your game.
Basically it's all the same except you click background, pick image in the right hand menu under the map, then enter the direct link for your map and hit apply, Then save your map by right click on the map. When you want to use that map right click and use load map. ( note loading a map will remove any mini's currently in the map area.)

You might want to set up a mini library rather than have 100+ nodes.
In the game tree you should have a file named OpenRPG+ 1.7.1 ( if not then right click the game tree and pick insert features node )
Open the file up, then open up Templates, then Tools . Double click the create miniature library tool. this will create a file in your game tree named miniature library that you can drag and drop your mini's into ( as above ).
Double clicking the miniature library file will open up a window that will let you add mini's from it to the map.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:31 pm

Thank you paul.

odd though. i would think that if i have the image saved on my computer, instead of photobucket, why couldnt openRPG access the information from my computer instead of relying on a URL for an image online? seems odd that the program cant pick up an image from the hard drive but it will pick up an image from a web page (i would think its the same process)

as for the library, i look into it, but as far as the trees go i kinda like having them separated, that way i can load my module monsters instead of having all of them in one area that i have to sift through to find what i need, i can just load "goblin tree" or my "orc tree". Ill play with it a bit more and see whats up.

Thanks again paul, i might post some questions later hehe, since you seem to be the local expert, but ill try to read up some more on the new information first.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:39 pm

Quote:
odd though. i would think that if i have the image saved on my computer, instead of photobucket, why couldnt openRPG access the information from my computer instead of relying on a URL for an image online? seems odd that the program cant pick up an image from the hard drive but it will pick up an image from a web page (i would think its the same process)

An image on your hard drive doesn't have a addressable url so other players in the room wouldn't be able to access your hard drive to get the image. If openrpg was to send the entire image file to each player it would slow everything down and bloat up the code. At least thats my understanding. If you really want to be able to host the images on your hard drive then the cherry pie plugin is what you want. But like I said someone else would have to help you with that.

Quote:
as for the library, i look into it, but as far as the trees go i kinda like having them separated, that way i can load my module monsters instead of having all of them in one area that i have to sift through to find what i need, i can just load "goblin tree" or my "orc tree". Ill play with it a bit more and see whats up.

You can have more than one copy of the mini library in your game tree and you can rename it to whatever you want. You can also take all these libraries and put them in a folder node getting ride of the need to load a new tree every time.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:57 pm

Right. It needs to be hosted so others see it. The image server is great for temporary images so you can grab something fast and throw it up in a session, but for eg images of players you want photobucket or imageshack etc. Or use CherryPy plugin to become your own private image server.

The time limit on the image server ... I think it re-zeroes when you use it again so you can keep it on for a while but if it goes 2 days or something like that it'll drop off. Hmm. But it really should be smart enough to catch that its not there any more and re-grab from the local files and re-send to the image server. maybe they figured at the time they really didn't want to end up supporting everyone's images all the time.

In some ways the image server is the most "bottle necky" part of OpenRPG. It's not very "open" if there's just one. Even the master meta server can be dupicated up and anyone can (in theory) have their own meta server.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:05 pm