View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:32 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tiamat thoughts 
Site Admin

Post Re: Tiamat thoughts
fictionalbeing wrote:
Well, right now putting together something large and relatively complicated like a castle or building is difficult. One solution, might be to have a castle (and other structures) "pre-built" so that all anyone had to do was grab that and throw into the tile window. Example: they could build a forest scene themselves and then throw the pre-built castle in where they needed it.

It might be nice if a selected tile could "pop-up" larger (view wise) so that the details could be seen better before placement.

*Another request (or a question) do the tile codes somehow reference the set(s) that can be bought?

Those are both good idea and I'll work them in. In order to do the first part, I need to allow for selecting a group of tiles (instead of just one at a time) done first.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:47 pm
Profile WWW

Are you gonna be able to put the tiles that were included in some of the "Future" starship sets into Tiamat?

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:52 pm
Site Admin

boleshaug wrote:
Are you gonna be able to put the tiles that were included in some of the "Future" starship sets into Tiamat?

I believe they are all in Tiamat. Can you point me to the tile set(s) in question?

Thanks

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:53 pm
Profile WWW

Edward Bourelle helped with Ronin Arts sets - Future Starship: 1-17, Future: Installation 1, and Future: Datastream. Some of these sets contained bonus tiles that could be used with Skeletonkey Games' other tile sets.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:49 pm
Site Admin

boleshaug wrote:
Edward Bourelle helped with Ronin Arts sets - Future Starship: 1-17, Future: Installation 1, and Future: Datastream. Some of these sets contained bonus tiles that could be used with Skeletonkey Games' other tile sets.

boleshaug, can you contact me off list in regrades to this? webmaster at rpgobjects.com I'll see what I can do about this.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:21 pm
Profile WWW

My biggest use of Tile Mapper was to create maps for my PbP games, like this one I used a year and a half ago:

...which was created by exporting to PDF, without tile borders, and then cutting and pasting into Excel for moving the "Counters" around between turns. The tiles were never actually printed out, but it was quick, simple, and something that I could do *ahem* when not at my home PC.

Will I be able to do this with Tiamat? And if so, roughly how much would something like the map above cost?

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:31 pm
Site Admin

Rolzup wrote:
My biggest use of Tile Mapper was to create maps for my PbP games, like this one I used a year and a half ago:

...which was created by exporting to PDF, without tile borders, and then cutting and pasting into Excel for moving the "Counters" around between turns. The tiles were never actually printed out, but it was quick, simple, and something that I could do *ahem* when not at my home PC.

Will I be able to do this with Tiamat? And if so, roughly how much would something like the map above cost?

You can do this still. The map exports are jpegs now instead of pdfs. So you can load them into excel as you did before.

Adventure maps, which are the size and dpi of the map exported in the old tile mapper, cost $0.0010/sq. So the above map would cost around $0.50.

Breakdown: (28*18*0.001) = .504

I'm been playing with the idea of doing a yearly subscription plan for adventure maps as an option. Something like $10 a year for unlimited adventure maps.

One other tool I've been thinking about developing, which is sounds like you might be interested in, is an online battle map that uses you Tiamat maps. It would allow of icons/miniatures, fogs of wars, and etc...

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:43 pm
Profile WWW

rpgobjects wrote:
You can do this still. The map exports are jpegs now instead of pdfs. So you can load them into excel as you did before.

I must be doing something wrong; the jpgs that I was getting were *tiny*, little more than thumbnails. Clearly, I need to sit down and play with things a bit more....

rpgobjects wrote:
Adventure maps, which are the size and dpi of the map exported in the old tile mapper, cost $0.0010/sq. So the above map would cost around $0.50.

Breakdown: (28*18*0.001) = .504

I'm been playing with the idea of doing a yearly subscription plan for adventure maps as an option. Something like $10 a year for unlimited adventure maps.

One other tool I've been thinking about developing, which is sounds like you might be interested in, is an online battle map that uses you Tiamat maps. It would allow of icons/miniatures, fogs of wars, and etc...

I would definitely subscribe to the yearly plan for the adventure maps, it would come in handy in a LOT of different ways. And yes, the online battle map is also something that I would be very interested in -- I've cobbled together a variety of makeshift tools over the years, and none have really been entirely satisfying.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:10 pm
Site Admin

Rolzup wrote:
I must be doing something wrong; the jpgs that I was getting were *tiny*, little more than thumbnails. Clearly, I need to sit down and play with things a bit more....

When you export a map, there are 4 options: web map, adventure map, miniature map, and tiles only zip file.

I assume you are doing the first one which is free (the others cost something). That does create a very small version of the map. The Adventure map is the size of the maps that the old Tile Mapper used to make. Which cost what I outlined above.

I'm trying to give people lots of options to they don't spend more than they need to. But perhaps it's too complicated.

I'm also not done with all the help files yet, so that might help.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:27 pm
Profile WWW

Just wanted to chime in and say I'd be interested in an annual subscription as well.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:55 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next