View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

[Darwin's World] Where is Chapter 9? 

Post Re: [Darwin's World] Where is Chapter 9?
I'm sorry to say that the game didn't go off last weekend. The good news is that was supposed to be a playtest. I'll be running the mod I co-opted at RavenCon in Richmond, VA on Saturday afternoon. I'll let you know how that turned out.

Cheers,
Paul

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Post Re: [Darwin's World] Where is Chapter 9?
I'm writing this because you asked. But it is slightly off topic.

RavenCon was excellent! I ran a copy of How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb (a Hell on earth mod) that I referbished to use Darwin's world rules and monsters. The table went off without a hitch and was a big hit with the players. I made pre-gens for skills and stats (archtypical stuff like warrior, wanderer, thief, etc.) but made them roll for mutations at the table. That part was hugely fun as people got stench and weak eyes for mutations. We laughed alot.
The rules play as Savage worlds always does. People love the setting and had alot of fun fighting the Screamers and Blight I threw at them. The hardest part was actually making mutants for them to fight. Mutants can't be standard like thugs. The all have to have their own mutations. I can't imaging a gang where they all had the same mutations. So, I created cards with pre-rolled mutations and randomly assigned them to the badguys. That way they seemed more individualized.
All-in-all it was a great success and I plan to run more Darwin's world in the future.

Thanks,
Paul

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:30 pm