View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm

[Darwin's World] Where is Chapter 9? 

Post [Darwin's World] Where is Chapter 9?
Hey guys,
I bought Darwin's world because I love the concept. I've been a Savage worlds fan/judge for about 5 years and thought this would be a great setting to play in. I even bought the print copy. I am, for the most part, happy. But, (you knew there was a BUT coming!) I find myself disappointed by the references throughout the book to Chapter 9: Artifacts of the Ancients. My book/PDF only goes to Chapter 5! Suddenly I feel like I have bought half a book. What happened? Will there be a supplement? Will you be posting stuff like this online? The missing chapter pretty much renders the Artifact Cache edges useless.
All I want to know is what happened? And / or what will happen.

Thanks,
Paul

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: [Darwin's World] Where is Chapter 9?
That's a typo. When Jon planned the original draft he had it all in one book. But along the way we broke it up into two books: survivors handbook and campaign guide. The artifacts will be in the campaign guide.

-chris

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:46 pm
Profile WWW

Yea, that's what I figured. So I did only buy half a book. I should have known when I didn't even see a Character sheet. So, obvious question, when's the Campaign guide coming out. It's been at 50% for a long time.

Thanks,
Paul

Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:50 pm
Site Admin

I have the manuscript and I'm working on it. I don't like to give ETA's until I'm getting close, but it shouldn't be a super long wait.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:52 pm
Profile WWW

I have a question about this and Artifact Cache/Major Aritfact Cache. How do you spend the CP form those two edges? Since Chapter 9 was a typo do you just spend the extra 2500/8000 CP on normal gear from chapter 4 or will there be more special gear you spend that CP on in the Campaign guide? My group is kinda split some think you can spend it on anything and some think we need to wait for the campaign guide to come out so we can look in chapter 9. Would be nice to know the offical ruling on this.

Thank you!

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:45 pm

The Campaign Guide covers chapters 6 through 11. Chapter 9 is the Artifacts of the Ancients, and includes all those things that "typically" would not be availabe to begining characters. Each GM may treat that differently. Mostly, the stuff in Chapter 9 is too expensive to purchase with starting funds anyway.

To answer your question, Artifact Cache and Major Artifact Cache allows the player to select gear from both chapters.

Sorry that you have to wait for the Campaign Guide to use that portion, but to some extent, you have to wait for it for the entire GM section. We had a lot of people wanting the first part, so we decided to get through that first. With the amount of reveiw and rewrite that Pinnacle required, it's probably good that we did. ;-)

Jon

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

Any chance of you posting Table 9-14: Medical Incompatibility (or whatever it is called now) so that we can make healing checks? that was something that should have been ported to chapter one when you decided to split the books. Think of it as an "act of good faith" to your player base.

Thanks,
Paul

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:25 pm

DevlinMarks wrote:
Any chance of you posting Table 9-14: Medical Incompatibility

Absolutely, I've already posted it on the Great White Games/Pinnacle forums:

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30757

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:44 am
Profile WWW

Outstanding. That was the last thing I needed to run this weekend. I look forward to getting the Campaign guide.

Thanks,
Paul

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Let me know how the game goes. I haven't heard any game reports since the SH went on sale. Most people are probably waiting for the campaign guide.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:49 pm
Profile WWW