View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm

Interface Zero: AI's and the Deep 

Post Interface Zero: AI's and the Deep
Since AIs don't have TAPs, how do you determine their VR stats? What happens when an AI dies in the Deep? Do they die for real?

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Post Re: Interface Zero: AI's and the Deep
Neither are there rules for what happens if a cyberform dies, as far as I can tell. Here are the rules I plan to use:

-AI's effectively get a Advanced TAP, Standard, for free. If you want something better, you have to buy it.
- AI's dying is effectively reversed from normal characters. An AI whose cyberform dies in the real world, they take 6d6 subdual damage, with a DC 20 Will save for half. An AI who dies in the Deep dies for real.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Post Re: Interface Zero: AI's and the Deep
Hiya Piell, Nice to meet you.

First off, which system are we talking about, Modern20, or True20?

Generally speaking, as far as Building AI's goes, if they don't have a cyberform, I'd create them as if they were a normal NPC, but obviously they would have a much higher hacking/computers skills. If they are in a cyberform, use rules for creating the cyberform.

If an AI dies in the Deep, it's dead...gone.. kaput... unless it has managed to create a copy of itself. All cyberforms will have a standard TAP. If you want better, you can buy it.

The same thing applies to an Ai inside a cyberform, with one twist. The Ai in the cyberform can survive by uploading itself into the Deep (or some other storage media) before the body housing it is destroyed. The process is called dubbing. I'd use lethal damage when a cyberform is destroyed, and if the AI fails the Will save (DC 25), she fails to get out of the body before it's destroyed and is, in turn, destroyed herself.

I'm going to be writing a support product dealing with the deep and Virtual Entities, which will provide you with a ton of information about creating AI's, cyberforms, virtual pets, AI feats, popular domains in the deep, and a lot more.

Thanks so much for your interest, and IO hope this helped.

President, Gun Metal games

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:33 pm